Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Somebody Got Married!

That's right, it was me! Everybody asked me if I was going to design my own dress, NO, NO WAY! I made a wedding dress once, it too me three months and the bride didn't hire a photographer, so There isn't even photographic evidence of my long hours hand sewing lace and crystals.  So yeah, NO. I bought an awesome dress and made some alterations and adjustments to it.  I really wanted to be able to boogie in my dress, so I shortened it and added straps, I also added some pearls and sparkles to the tulle rosettes all over the dress. I loved my dress and she treated me right!
 

 I had a really hard time figuring out what to wear on my head, I wanted a hat, but I also wanted my hair to be awesome, so I made this hybrid hat / fascinator.  Instead of a veil I added netting into the silk flowers and velvet leaves.

To say that this day came out even better than I had planned is an understatement! It's the first time I've overseen a design project of this magnitude.  I hand made a bunch of the decor, but definitely the most ambitious project I took on was my Bridesmaid dresses. I really wanted to hit an updated vintage vibe, so I found a bunch of patterns from the early 60's and tweaked them to work for each one of my ladies. My girls are all so different and I wanted their dresses to reflect that, I couldn't go for just one style!  I really wanted texture in the color, so I kept it fresh and mixed Mint and Aqua. I made 8 dresses total, because I couldn't just make all these coordinating dresses and then leave our officiant out there hanging'!!









I feel like I am the luckiest girl in the world to have such beautiful women who stood beside me on the most beautiful day!



2 comments:

Sadie von Scrumptious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sadie von Scrumptious said...

You are gorgeous and your wedding party is SO AWESOME. Love your dress modification, too, so fresh and graceful. In fact...um... I'd like to PM you about where you get your silk and velvet flowers. Lubin Brothers?