I had a really hard time figuring out what to wear on my head, I wanted a hat, but I also wanted my hair to be awesome, so I made this hybrid hat / fascinator. Instead of a veil I added netting into the silk flowers and velvet leaves.
To say that this day came out even better than I had planned is an understatement! It's the first time I've overseen a design project of this magnitude. I hand made a bunch of the decor, but definitely the most ambitious project I took on was my Bridesmaid dresses. I really wanted to hit an updated vintage vibe, so I found a bunch of patterns from the early 60's and tweaked them to work for each one of my ladies. My girls are all so different and I wanted their dresses to reflect that, I couldn't go for just one style! I really wanted texture in the color, so I kept it fresh and mixed Mint and Aqua. I made 8 dresses total, because I couldn't just make all these coordinating dresses and then leave our officiant out there hanging'!!